Teach Through Theatre
Do you need a new way to inspire students? Teach literacy? History? Arts? Then join the audience for an actOUT! experience you and your students won't soon forget!
ActOUT! produces 4-6 plays per year incorporating Waterloo Region children and youth. Our productions are an affordable way to expose students to the performance arts. You class may even be supporting a classmate involved in the production!
ActOUT! School Matinees
Help your students bring literacy to life!
- provide Curriculum Connections to teachers for exploration of related topics connected to the performance. Science, Math, Music, Art, and Social Studies are all involved in a Curriculum Connection.
- are typically 60-120 minutes long
- are performed in accessible theatres
- are enacted solely by children and youth
- provide a full live theatrical experience (fully costumed, sets, props, etc.)
- offer affordable reduced rate tickets for schools and homeschooling groups - Teachers attend free!
- Provide performances in December, February, April, May and June
ActOUT provides a post-show talk | Q&A session with our actors and artistic team. An opportunity for school audiences to provide comment, understand the acting process, and possibly be inspired to explore the arts themselves.
A challenge both for our actors and your students to build their public speaking skills by having to think on the spot.
Bring Drama to your Classroom
For a nominal fee the actOUT! team may also be available:
- to bring show connected drama or dance workshops right to your classroom
- offer general theatrical workshops for your courses
- create a game-based drama workshop for your school
- provided teacher training programs for those needing new ideas
Whether you are an old-hand at theatre or terrified at the prospect of teaching drama or dance - actOUT! is here to help!
Contact us for availability and more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our School Shows
A typical actOUT! school show matinee is performed at 9:30am or 11am on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.
Under special circumstances we can offer flexible performance times and can sometimes tour to your school or classroom as needed. Contact us with you school's needs.