Scene it on Stage VIII - Day Three
What is Scene it On Stage?
Scene it on Stage is actOUT!’s yearly March Break Camp for 5-12 year olds.
The main feature of the Scene it on Stage March Break Camp is using skits and scenes from famous/popular/favourite movies and over the week transforming them to live theatrical performances.
We explore many of the skill builders, drama games and workshops we use in our other programs but jam them all into a week packed full of fantastic fun!
Theatre is an exciting way to help children discover themselves, develop a set of life skills and gain confidence that will serve them for many years. All done while losing themselves in dramatic adventure, playful storytelling and joyful team building!
Wacky Wednesday! - Come as your favourite actor, character or with fun costume and hairdo!
- 8:30am Arrival and arrival games
- 8:45am Movement warm-ups and movement games
- 9:00am Vocal warm-ups and vocal games
- 9:15am Warm-ups/games/discuss homework/costume parade
- 9:30am Get into groups watch DVD/practice / theatre activities and games
- 10:45am Morning snack
- 11:00am Character work / singing / crafts / prop construction
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12.30pm Watch DVD/rehearse/ perform for each other
- 2:15pm Afternoon snack
- 2.30pm Let the games begin!
- 3.15pm Share performances with other age groups - homework in action!
- 3:45pm Clean up & review theatre etiquette
- 4:00pm Bring all groups together for large theatre game
- 4:15pm Reflection time
- 4:30pm Pick-ups