Scene it on Stage VIII -Day Two
Scene it on Stage is actOUT!’s yearly March Break Camp for 5-12 year olds.
The main feature of the Scene it on Stage March Break Camp is using skits and scenes from famous/popular/favourite movies and over the week transforming them to live theatrical performances.
We explore many of the skill builders, drama games and workshops we use in our other programs but jam them all into a week packed full of fantastic fun!
Theatre is an exciting way to help children discover themselves, develop a set of life skills and gain confidence that will serve them for many years. All done while losing themselves in dramatic adventure, playful storytelling and joyful team building!
Talkative Tuesday - Let’s get our voice instruments ready for the theatre work ahead of us.
- 8:30am Arrival and arrival games
- 8:45am Vocal warm-ups
- 9:15am Vocal and movement warm-ups/games in groups
- 9:30am Review work and tasks so far
- 10:00am Watch DVD in groups/rehearse skits/character cricles
- 10:45am Morning break
- 11:00am Improv 101 continued
- 11:30am Friendly Competition! The Scene it on Stage Star! - Sing? dance? Tell jokes? We need you all!
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12:30pm Watch DVD/rehearse as needed/theatre games
- 1:30pm Who wants to show off? Show us what you’ve got!
- 2:00pm Afternoon break
- 3:00pm Understanding movement on stage. Discuss movement, body language, mannerisms and stances for stage characters
- 3:30pm What is the difference between stage acting and film acting?
- 3:45pm Bring all groups together for large theatre game
- 4:15pm Reflection time
- 4:30pm Pick-ups