Scene it on Stage VIII - Day One
Scene it on Stage is actOUT!’s yearly March Break Camp for 5-12 year olds.
The main feature of the Scene it on Stage March Break Camp is using skits and scenes from famous/popular/favourite movies and over the week transforming them to live theatrical performances.
We explore many of the skill builders, drama games and workshops we use in our other programs but jam them all into a week packed full of fantastic fun!
Theatre is an exciting way to help children discover themselves, develop a set of life skills and gain confidence that will serve them for many years. All done while losing themselves in dramatic adventure, playful storytelling and joyful team building!
Meet-Me Monday! - Let’s get to know each other through fun, play and games.
- 8:30am Arrival and arrival games
- 8:45am Program introduction - Who we are, what we do, what we will do
- 9:00am Camper introductions - Introduction games
- 9:30am Get to know you games
- 10:00am Get into groups by age
- 10:20am Morning break
- 10:30am Watch DVD & theatre games, scripts, vocal practice, movement work, etc.
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12.30pm Return to groups/practice & start any required props/crafts
- 1.30pm Improv 101
- 2:00pm Afternoon break
- 2:15pm Watch DVD in groups/take notes/practice
- 3.30pm Theatre activities in characterization, vocal practice, movement work, etc
- 3:45pm Bring all groups together for large theatre game
- 4:15pm Reflection time
- 4:30pm Pick-ups